"Monetary policy will be operated with a main focus on supporting the recovery of economic activity and improving the flow of funds since prices are expected to be downwardly stable," the central bank said.
The central bank also said it would act to lessen the impact of the credit crunch by implementing new measures to encourage bank lending, including expand
- BoE sparks controversy over expenses disclosure
- Further US tightening risks recession – St Louis Fed president
- Cyprus ex-governor says authorities asked for false audit of failed bank
- Riksbank says all banks should be ‘obliged’ to continue cash services
- Iranian central bank looking for alternative to Swift, local media says