Mundell, a long-time advocate of a world currency, told reporters in Hong Kong on Tuesday: "The renminbi is now the third most important currency in the world...arguably more important than the yen, depending on how you measure it."
He said that in the Fund's next review of the SDR basket, due for
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- BoE faces ‘uncomfortable’ approach to May meeting – Forbes
- Fintech in the ‘new era’ – Sustainable and sound development