Rato told EU finance ministers in Brussels that their reforms - particularly to the labour market - had made an "important" contribution to recovery in a region where growth is expected to reach 2.8 per cent this year.
Speaking at a breakfast with journalists, Mr Rato said: "In the euro a
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Central banks: the economy’s emergency responders
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde