Jurgen Stark, a member of the European Central Bank's executive board, has panned the G20's decision to create $250 billion-worth of special drawing rights (SDRs).
Stark told Handelsblatt, a German business daily, in an interview published Tuesday that the decision to grant the $250 billion allocation at last week's London Summit was inflationary. "This is pure money creation. This is helicopter money for the globe," Stark said. "There was no examination of whether there was a global need for
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting