In a consultation document setting out the government's regulatory response to the run on Northern Rock, Alistair Darling, the chancellor, has proposed removing the Bank's requirement to publish weekly returns and other reporting requirements that would disclose operations.
"Recent events have suggested that there may be special circumstances where, if possible, a
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Fintech in the ‘new era’ – Sustainable and sound development
- China’s macroeconomy in the ‘new era’ of politics and power