The decision means Fazio will avoid seeing Italian economy minister Domenico Siniscalco, who has called for his resignation.
Siniscalco accused Fazio of tarnishing the central bank's reputation following allegations that he favoured Italian banks over foreign ones in takeover battles.
The Bank of Italy said Fazio would not attend the meeting o
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms
- Bank of Russia will be able to handle fallout from failing banks, analysts say
- Riksbank outlines three visions of ‘e-krona’
- All central banks may have to consider crypto-currencies – BIS