The decision means Fazio will avoid seeing Italian economy minister Domenico Siniscalco, who has called for his resignation.
Siniscalco accused Fazio of tarnishing the central bank's reputation following allegations that he favoured Italian banks over foreign ones in takeover battles.
The Bank of Italy said Fazio would not attend the meeting o
- Podcast: San Fran Fed’s Daly on gender inequality in central banks
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls
- Dudley calls for ‘aggressive action’ on benchmark reforms
- Swift starts work on pan-European real-time payment connectivity pilot
- Strike halts Australian banknote production