"The cost of exchange control administration and the inconvenience that goes with managing (them) might not be worth the exercise", Mboweni said.
The South African Treasury has slowly been dismantling foreign exchange controls since the late 1990s and recent com
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde