In April the government said it would start buying gold at a support price fixed to factor in production costs in a bid to boost the troubled mining industry and cushion the sector against drops in international prices.
The support price is currently pegged at U.S. $343 an
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde