The Reserve Bank of India (RBI), as part of its 'clean note policy' drive, will withdraw 10-15 per cent of the currency notes in circulation and inject an equivalent quantum of mint-fresh notes every year, according to a senior central bank official.
"Of the 41 billion notes in circulation, around 10-15 per cent of the soiled notes
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Central banks: the economy’s emergency responders
- CFTC’s fintech catch-up effort includes ‘global sandbox’ push