Thomas Jordan, now the lowest ranking of the three board members, will replace Hildebrand as vice-chairman. Jean-Pierre Danthine, now a professor of macroeconomics and financial theory at the University of Lausanne, will fill the third seat.
Hildebrand has long been seen as the favourite to succeed Roth. He joined
- Central bank digital currency a ‘terrible idea’, US Congress told
- People: Olli Rehn enters office as Bank of Finland governor
- Trump criticises Fed over rate rises and threatens higher tariffs
- ECB’s easing policies reduced inequality, paper says
- Infrastructure financing not harmed by post-crisis reforms – FSB