Mr Koizumi has "ordered us to take comprehensive measures to fight deflation", said economic and fiscal policy minister Heizo Takenaka.
The measures will include a "further monetary easing and drastic plans to resolve the [country's commercial banks'] bad loans problem as quickly as possible, he said.
The government is expected to ask t
- Fintech in the ‘new era’ – Sustainable and sound development
- China’s macroeconomy in the ‘new era’ of politics and power
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting