Dominique Strauss-Kahn, the managing director of the Fund, said that that it would look at whether financial-market speculation had influenced the price surge.
"How important it is and what kind of influence it has on the market and futures is something we have to investigate," he told reporters in Japan after the G8 finance minis
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Central banks: the economy’s emergency responders
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde