Japanese Prime Minister Koizumi is fighting a cabinet-level battle to bring a halt to the policies of past Japanese governments, which tried to spend their way out of economic difficulties.
As a result of these policies, Japanese government debt is bigger than the overall economy and Japan is covered in little-used prestige public works
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde