Eurostat, the European Commission's statistics bureau, had estimated annual inflation for May at 3.6% at the end of last month, but revised this figure upwards on Monday.
The revision adds further support to the view that the European Central Bank almost certainly will raise rates in July.
All of the region's 15 member states now have annual inflation above the European Central Bank's pe
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde