The law will entail the governor of the central bank reporting directly to President Mubarak and parliament. The governor previously reported to the economy minister - a post that has now been abolished - and to the prime minister.
Under the new law, the central bank will have sole responsibility for exchange rate policy, as well as ma
- Central bank digital currency a ‘terrible idea’, US Congress told
- People: Olli Rehn enters office as Bank of Finland governor
- Podcast: David Vines on how to reform the DSGE model
- Infrastructure financing not harmed by post-crisis reforms – FSB
- Trump criticises Fed over rate rises and threatens higher tariffs