In an interview in the Daily Post newspaper in North Wales, Bean said markets should not have been surprised by this month's quarter-point rise in the BoE's key interest rate as inflation has been "considerably above our target".
"It was not a large increase in rates, but we want to be forward
- Is the pursuit of a common accounting standard for gold a fool’s errand?
- BoE minority staff score lower in first diversity survey
- EBA demands rapid reform at Maltese AML agency
- First left-wing Mexican president in a generation unlikely to upend institutions
- Vietnam says it is “actively prepared” to intervene in forex market