"First-half economic expansion showed the last interest rate increase was too small," Zhang Shuguang, a macroeconomics professor at Beijing Tianze Economic Research Institute, told Xinhua.
Official figures showed the investment-driven economy surged 10.9 percent in the first six months, with a growth of 11.3 percent in the second quarte
- BoE sparks controversy over expenses disclosure
- Further US tightening risks recession – St Louis Fed president
- Cyprus ex-governor says authorities asked for false audit of failed bank
- Riksbank says all banks should be ‘obliged’ to continue cash services
- Iranian central bank looking for alternative to Swift, local media says