"First-half economic expansion showed the last interest rate increase was too small," Zhang Shuguang, a macroeconomics professor at Beijing Tianze Economic Research Institute, told Xinhua.
Official figures showed the investment-driven economy surged 10.9 percent in the first six months, with a growth of 11.3 percent in the second quarte
- World’s largest SWF bars investment in four companies for guideline breaches
- ECB needed better data in 2008 crisis, says Lautenschläger
- Brazilian government must respect central bank independence – IMF
- Is the pursuit of a common accounting standard for gold a fool’s errand?
- Seychelles must act fast on money-laundering, says central bank