The Bank of Japan's Toshikatsu Fukuma was upbeat about the nation's economic outlook, reiterating the bank's official view that the economy is "recovering gradually."
"A sustainable recovery is in sight," he told business leaders in Nagasaki, southwestern Japan.
Fukuma, a former trading company executive, said the bank was commit
- Is the pursuit of a common accounting standard for gold a fool’s errand?
- EBA demands rapid reform at Maltese AML agency
- BoE minority staff score lower in first diversity survey
- First left-wing Mexican president in a generation unlikely to upend institutions
- Vietnam says it is “actively prepared” to intervene in forex market