Presenting the central bank's annual report, Noyer called the EU's Stability and Growth Pact that underpins Europe's single currency "a particularly important element of cohesion for the eurozone".
Noyer, a member of the governing council of the European Central Bank, told reporters that excessive fiscal deficits
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations