The central bank said that it expected GDP to hit 3% this year, down from 5.25% in 2007. Unemployment was estimated to rise modestly to 5.5%.
The slowdown in the United States and difficulties in global financial markets was expected to temper expansion. The domestic economy, which the central bank said was going th
- RBI’s Acharya: ‘fundamental reform’ to fix transmission
- Slovene governor: draft law would harm bank’s independence
- Central banks should not give impression of ‘complete foresight’
- Fed’s Williams proposes new tools to deal with future crisis
- Norges Bank advises removal of oil and gas stock from government fund