"That's what they (currency dealers) are saying. It's not what we are saying," central bank governor Rafael Buenaventura said in a phone text message when asked to comment after dealers said the central bank has unloaded more dollars on the spot market.
At 9.51 am, the peso averaged 56.448 to dollar after moving in a narrow range of 56
- Latvian police detain central bank governor on corruption charges
- Ireland withdraws Lane’s nomination for ECB vice president
- Saudi Arabia’s Alkholifey on economic restructuring, reserves and cyber security
- Central banks mull securities lending as response to low yields
- ECB orders Latvia to shutter bank over laundering allegations