Qvigstad will also serve as deputy chair on the central bank's governing board.
He has headed the monetary policy department, which is responsible for economics, open market operations, research and statistics, since 1997. Previously, he served as head of economics at the central bank and has also worked as a senior officer at the European Free Trade Agreement and as an assistant dire
- BoE sparks controversy over expenses disclosure
- Further US tightening risks recession – St Louis Fed president
- Cyprus ex-governor says authorities asked for false audit of failed bank
- Riksbank says all banks should be ‘obliged’ to continue cash services
- Iranian central bank looking for alternative to Swift, local media says