Qvigstad will also serve as deputy chair on the central bank's governing board.
He has headed the monetary policy department, which is responsible for economics, open market operations, research and statistics, since 1997. Previously, he served as head of economics at the central bank and has also worked as a senior officer at the European Free Trade Agreement and as an assistant dire
- World’s largest SWF bars investment in four companies for guideline breaches
- Is the pursuit of a common accounting standard for gold a fool’s errand?
- ECB needed better data in 2008 crisis, says Lautenschläger
- Brazilian government must respect central bank independence – IMF
- Bank of Jamaica’s Wynter on the path to inflation targeting