Yellen said attempting to target asset prices risked imposing harm on the economy and should only be done if policy-makers were certain they could spare the economy from greater harm down the road.
Still, the Fed "clearly does, and should" respond to issues of asset prices to the extent they affect its twin mandated go
- BoE sparks controversy over expenses disclosure
- Riksbank says all banks should be ‘obliged’ to continue cash services
- Cyprus ex-governor says authorities asked for false audit of failed bank
- Norwegian government recommends Norges Bank retain control of SWF
- Iranian central bank looking for alternative to Swift, local media says