The minutes of the June meeting, published Wednesday, show MPC members believed risks to medium-term inflation expectations severe enough to warrant discussion on an immediate rise in bank rate.
"If there were a serious threat to medium-inflation expectations then a pre-emptive rise in rates would be appropriate," the minutes said. "Delay would only increase t
- World’s largest SWF bars investment in four companies for guideline breaches
- ECB needed better data in 2008 crisis, says Lautenschläger
- Brazilian government must respect central bank independence – IMF
- Is the pursuit of a common accounting standard for gold a fool’s errand?
- Seychelles must act fast on money-laundering, says central bank