The elevation of Lee Hsien Loong, at present Deputy Prime Minister, Finance Minister and chairman of the central bank, will tighten the Lee family's grip on the levers of political and corporate power.
A statement released by the PAP - which has ruled Singapore since independence in 1965 - said a meeting of MPs had unanimo
- World’s largest SWF bars investment in four companies for guideline breaches
- Is the pursuit of a common accounting standard for gold a fool’s errand?
- ECB needed better data in 2008 crisis, says Lautenschläger
- Brazilian government must respect central bank independence – IMF
- Bank of Jamaica’s Wynter on the path to inflation targeting