The elevation of Lee Hsien Loong, at present Deputy Prime Minister, Finance Minister and chairman of the central bank, will tighten the Lee family's grip on the levers of political and corporate power.
A statement released by the PAP - which has ruled Singapore since independence in 1965 - said a meeting of MPs had unanimo
- BoE sparks controversy over expenses disclosure
- Riksbank says all banks should be ‘obliged’ to continue cash services
- Cyprus ex-governor says authorities asked for false audit of failed bank
- Further US tightening risks recession – St Louis Fed president
- Iranian central bank looking for alternative to Swift, local media says