In the interview with the FT Lacker said the US central bank had been "unclear" as to how it would respond to the pass-through of energy cost increases to consumers in the shape of higher prices.
He said the reason inflation "seems to be so persistent .... is that
- BoE sparks controversy over expenses disclosure
- Further US tightening risks recession – St Louis Fed president
- Cyprus ex-governor says authorities asked for false audit of failed bank
- Riksbank says all banks should be ‘obliged’ to continue cash services
- Iranian central bank looking for alternative to Swift, local media says