The dramatic gains in leading stock indexes on Friday saw most markets reverse the losses suffered in what has been one of the most tumultuous weeks for financial markets in history.
By the close of trade in London, the FTSE had rebounded by an astonishing 8.84%. By mid-day in New York, the Dow Jones and Nasdaq average were up
- EC’s Cyprus ‘failure’ undermined Eurozone central bank independence – Demetriades
- Reserve management practices are splintering
- Female regulators increase stability of the financial system, IMF paper finds
- Booming US economy set against ‘fragile’ markets – BIS review
- Caputo quits as Argentina central bank chief