There has been speculation for some time that the number of members on the board could be reduced from eight to seven when Jurgen Stark, the deputy chairman of Bundesbank, transfers to the European Central Bank at the end of May, the report said.
Axel Weber, the chairman of Bundesbank,
- Central bank digital currency a ‘terrible idea’, US Congress told
- People: Olli Rehn enters office as Bank of Finland governor
- Trump criticises Fed over rate rises and threatens higher tariffs
- ECB’s easing policies reduced inequality, paper says
- Infrastructure financing not harmed by post-crisis reforms – FSB