Raul Vera delivered his resignation in person to the president, complaining that lawmakers hadn't done enough to rally behind the government's efforts to win badly needed aid from the International Monetary Fund.
"I'm frustrated that I haven't been able to find the backing from Congress needed" to im
- World’s largest SWF bars investment in four companies for guideline breaches
- ECB needed better data in 2008 crisis, says Lautenschläger
- Brazilian government must respect central bank independence – IMF
- Is the pursuit of a common accounting standard for gold a fool’s errand?
- Seychelles must act fast on money-laundering, says central bank