The Qatari assistance brings Arab deposits with the central bank to a little over $1 billion, which form a significant part of gross foreign reserves.
On Apr 6, Oman also deposited $50 million with Lebanon's central bank and express its support for the government's economic measures.
Newspaper reports said Prime Minister Rafik al-
- EC’s Cyprus ‘failure’ undermined Eurozone central bank independence – Demetriades
- Reserve management practices are splintering
- Female regulators increase stability of the financial system, IMF paper finds
- Booming US economy set against ‘fragile’ markets – BIS review
- Caputo quits as Argentina central bank chief