"Unfortunately, it appears that the government, too, has decided it must save the economy from the central bank," it says.
"The lack of faith in the central bank is surprising because there's no evidence so far that monetary tightening has undermined demand in the Indian economy and prepared the ground for a slowdown in growth."
Click here to read the art
- World’s largest SWF bars investment in four companies for guideline breaches
- Is the pursuit of a common accounting standard for gold a fool’s errand?
- ECB needed better data in 2008 crisis, says Lautenschläger
- Brazilian government must respect central bank independence – IMF
- Bank of Jamaica’s Wynter on the path to inflation targeting