"Unfortunately, it appears that the government, too, has decided it must save the economy from the central bank," it says.
"The lack of faith in the central bank is surprising because there's no evidence so far that monetary tightening has undermined demand in the Indian economy and prepared the ground for a slowdown in growth."
Click here to read the art
- RBI’s Acharya: ‘fundamental reform’ to fix transmission
- Slovene governor: draft law would harm bank’s independence
- Central banks should not give impression of ‘complete foresight’
- Fed’s Williams proposes new tools to deal with future crisis
- Norges Bank advises removal of oil and gas stock from government fund