Mervyn King, the governor of the Bank of England, said: "I am delighted that the Treasury has asked Charlie Bean to take on this vital role overseeing our monetary policy work."
Bean was touted in the British press as King's preferred candidate for the role.
"Bean's appointment is no surprise and tends to underscore the s
- Fintech in the ‘new era’ – Sustainable and sound development
- China’s macroeconomy in the ‘new era’ of politics and power
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- ‘Regulatory equivalence’ not enough for post-Brexit UK CCPs – Cœuré