The January 2008 Senior Loan Officer Opinion Survey, which measures demand and supply for bank loans over the past quarter, has found that banks have tightened lending standards and increased the cost of borrowing, including premiums charged on riskier loans, in the wake of the credit crunch.
One-third of domestic banks have tightened their lendin
- World’s largest SWF bars investment in four companies for guideline breaches
- Is the pursuit of a common accounting standard for gold a fool’s errand?
- ECB needed better data in 2008 crisis, says Lautenschläger
- Brazilian government must respect central bank independence – IMF
- Bank of Jamaica’s Wynter on the path to inflation targeting