Claudio Fonteles filed the request Tuesday concerning tax evasion, electoral crimes and possible crimes against the national financial system, VOA news reported.
The allegations surfaced last July when a Brazilian magazine, IstoE, reported that Mr. Meirelles failed to pay Brazilian taxes while living in the United States in
- RBI’s Acharya: ‘fundamental reform’ to fix transmission
- Slovene governor: draft law would harm bank’s independence
- Central banks should not give impression of ‘complete foresight’
- Fed’s Williams proposes new tools to deal with future crisis
- Norges Bank advises removal of oil and gas stock from government fund