Fars, a state-owned news agency, reported Saturday that the authorities had fired the governor. The governor, who has clashed with Ahmadinejad on monetary policy, told the agency that he had "heard the news too."
The agency said that Mahmoud Bahmani, the secretary general of the central bank, would replace Mazaheri.
The sacking com
- James Bullard on 2% rates, tariffs and Fed leadership
- Turkish central bank raises overnight rates in bid to stop lira’s fall
- Podcast: David Hendry and John Muellbauer on empirical macro
- Policies must change to stop emerging markets crisis, analysts say
- Next financial crisis “will be brewing” in shadow banking – Bullard