The Irish Central Bank has bowed to lobbying from the Green Party to examine ways in which the old punt notes could be shredded, compacted and sold off as briquettes or sold as souvenirs.
At present the punts are being dumped by the State in l
- RBI’s Acharya: ‘fundamental reform’ to fix transmission
- Slovene governor: draft law would harm bank’s independence
- Central banks should not give impression of ‘complete foresight’
- Fed’s Williams proposes new tools to deal with future crisis
- Norges Bank advises removal of oil and gas stock from government fund