The Irish Central Bank has bowed to lobbying from the Green Party to examine ways in which the old punt notes could be shredded, compacted and sold off as briquettes or sold as souvenirs.
At present the punts are being dumped by the State in l
- BoE sparks controversy over expenses disclosure
- Riksbank says all banks should be ‘obliged’ to continue cash services
- Cyprus ex-governor says authorities asked for false audit of failed bank
- Norwegian government recommends Norges Bank retain control of SWF
- Iranian central bank looking for alternative to Swift, local media says