The Irish Central Bank has bowed to lobbying from the Green Party to examine ways in which the old punt notes could be shredded, compacted and sold off as briquettes or sold as souvenirs.
At present the punts are being dumped by the State in l
- World’s largest SWF bars investment in four companies for guideline breaches
- Is the pursuit of a common accounting standard for gold a fool’s errand?
- ECB needed better data in 2008 crisis, says Lautenschläger
- Brazilian government must respect central bank independence – IMF
- Bank of Jamaica’s Wynter on the path to inflation targeting