The new Colombo Consumers' Price Index climbed to 26.2% in the year to May, up from 25% the previous month. The measure is at its highest level since it was introduced in December 2007 and is far above the 11% upper limit of the central bank's target range.
However, the institution said that though inflation would rise for the year to June, it wa
- Is the pursuit of a common accounting standard for gold a fool’s errand?
- BoE minority staff score lower in first diversity survey
- EBA demands rapid reform at Maltese AML agency
- First left-wing Mexican president in a generation unlikely to upend institutions
- Vietnam says it is “actively prepared” to intervene in forex market