Discussing the move with Central Bank News, Goodhart said: "It was not coordination on interest rates, which had happened before. This was a coordination of liquidity management, which I do not think has happened before."
Goodhart said it was unclear whether the joint action was responsible
- World’s largest SWF bars investment in four companies for guideline breaches
- Is the pursuit of a common accounting standard for gold a fool’s errand?
- ECB needed better data in 2008 crisis, says Lautenschläger
- Brazilian government must respect central bank independence – IMF
- Bank of Jamaica’s Wynter on the path to inflation targeting