Parliamentary speaker Nabih Berri said Naim died on Monday 23 January from an illness. He was the oldest member of the legislature, to which he was elected last year as a representative of the Lebanese Forces, a Christian party.
Naim trained as a lawyer and wrote several legal books in Arabic and was considere
- RBI’s Acharya: ‘fundamental reform’ to fix transmission
- Slovene governor: draft law would harm bank’s independence
- Central banks should not give impression of ‘complete foresight’
- Fed’s Williams proposes new tools to deal with future crisis
- Norges Bank advises removal of oil and gas stock from government fund