India's phenomenal economic expansion in recent years has been heralded as an economic miracle by many. The economy has averaged growth of almost 9% over the past three years and the global economic downturn is expected to have little impact. However, Y.V. Reddy, the governor of the Reserve Bank of India, is less triumphal.
"You can be an economic powerhouse but your task is to make sure that people inhabiting the country have a reasonable standard of living," Reddy says. And this is something t
- Is the pursuit of a common accounting standard for gold a fool’s errand?
- BoE minority staff score lower in first diversity survey
- EBA demands rapid reform at Maltese AML agency
- First left-wing Mexican president in a generation unlikely to upend institutions
- Vietnam says it is “actively prepared” to intervene in forex market