Mongolia is a strategically important country with long borders facing Russia and China. It has also had a successful transition from socialism. What were the highlights of this transition?
Certain measures were crucial. There were the privatisation of state-owned enterprises, price liberalisation, the establishment of a two-tier banking system, the promotion of the private sector through changes in the legal and institutional framework, the expansion and diversification of external relations, a
- Canada’s Project Jasper to explore clearing of securities in third phase
- Treasury committee to investigate BoE’s lack of diversity
- Bank of Portugal sells majority share in ‘good bank’
- Fed’s Powell: banks still have important role in payments
- Xi sees renminbi taking greater role in global monetary system