What is your assessment of the risks arising from the build-up of "global imbalances"?
While the situation may appear stable in the short run, the global imbalances are resulting in a cross-border allocation of capital that will eventually be both unsustainable and inefficient from a global welfare standpoint. Indeed, the question is not whether there will be a re-alignment of the imbalances at some stage; the question is when does this happen, and does the re-alignment occur in an orderly fashi
- Canada’s Project Jasper to explore clearing of securities in third phase
- Treasury committee to investigate BoE’s lack of diversity
- Bank of Portugal sells majority share in ‘good bank’
- Fed’s Powell: banks still have important role in payments
- Xi sees renminbi taking greater role in global monetary system