Having accumulated massive foreign exchange reserves worth nearly $1.8 trillion in total, which in most cases are denominated mainly in dollars, Asian central banks are feeling distinctly vulnerable to what some leading economists believe is the likelihood of a further significant decline in the dollar's value. This is one of the factors driving current official initiatives (which appear to enjoy strong market support) to develop a pan-Asian bond markets capable of absorbing a significant portio
- BoE research says digital currency would ‘strengthen’ policy transmission
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls
- US House passes deregulation bill with bipartisan support
- Is this the beginning of a new era of credit risk management technology?
- Brazil’s central bank launches fintech laboratory