In a period when many of Britain's sectors of historic strength have withered away, either due to changing demands or foreign competition, one area in particular appears to go from strength to strength despite fierce international rivalry. The City, embodying the wholesale financial services sector, has an estimated output of £47 billion, or 4% of Britain's GDP, and accounts for 54% of wholesale financial services in the EU.
These are just two examples from the wealth of statistics and facts in
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde