Central banks have sophisticated and well-tested models that they can use to help them maintain price stability, but similar work in the field of financial stability is very underdeveloped. The increasingly popular financial stability reviews that are published may contain lots of data, but there is no underlying framework upon which to build analysis.
Modelling financial stability
Charles Goodhart stresses the need to build models of systemic stability, since current micro-prudential models use
- Fintech in the ‘new era’ – Sustainable and sound development
- China’s macroeconomy in the ‘new era’ of politics and power
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- ‘Regulatory equivalence’ not enough for post-Brexit UK CCPs – Cœuré