In response to the rapid rise in reserves, many central banks are planning to update the IT systems that manage these funds. According to RBS Reserve Management Trends 2007, of 47 central banks surveyed worldwide this year, nearly half have made major changes to their IT systems in the past 18 months and more than two-thirds say they plan to do so in the near future.
Today, asset managers are looking to diversify their portfolios in pursuit of higher yields, moving away from low-risk, low-yield
- Fintech in the ‘new era’ – Sustainable and sound development
- China’s macroeconomy in the ‘new era’ of politics and power
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- ‘Regulatory equivalence’ not enough for post-Brexit UK CCPs – Cœuré