Tourists travelling to Cuba these days find many surprises, many things that work in a different manner to the rest of the world. Mixed with the cigars, the rum, the Malecon, and the charm of Havana, a signal of the slow but steady decline of US dominance in the world stands out when travellers learn that the euro is preferred to the dollar as a means of payment - a 10% fee is levied on exchanges of dollars - and that credit cards issued in the United States are not welcome.
The leaders of Iran
- Fintech in the ‘new era’ – Sustainable and sound development
- China’s macroeconomy in the ‘new era’ of politics and power
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- ‘Regulatory equivalence’ not enough for post-Brexit UK CCPs – Cœuré