The finance and risk functions of commercial banks have come under increasing pressure over the past six months as further bad news is released from the impact of the credit crunch. Fundamental questions have been asked over the quality of management information and in particular, the core valuation assumptions made by finance functions of their structured finance and other asset portfolios.
Concern has also been raised about the stress testing exercises conducted within the risk functions, from
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting