After years of speculation and theorising over their likely impact, sovereign wealth funds have emerged from the shadows, shaking up financial markets. In a matter of a few short months, various cash-rich government investment arms have assembled sizeable stakes in Wall Street behemoths crippled by the on-going credit market woes. In doing so foreign governments have emerged as a somewhat unexpected source of capital to the increasingly fragile looking Western financial system.
However, the dram
- Is Donald Trump undermining the Fed’s independence?
- Regulation could stabilise crypto asset market, experts argue
- Reserves preservation key in Tunisia amid growing challenges – El Abassi
- People: San Fran Fed appoints head of research
- China’s exchange rate poses major challenge to fairer trade – US Treasury