The days of monetary-policy making being shrouded in mystery are long gone. The move to clearer communication has been wholeheartedly embraced by most members of the central banking community; most policymakers and academics now view central bank transparency as essential. The independence of modernday central banks makes democratic accountability a necessity. And, most importantly, monetary policy benefits.
Greater disclosure and clarity over monetary policy may lead to greater predictability o
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- Central banks: the economy’s emergency responders